Monday, January 11, 2010

Two in a row!!


Well, I couldn't let the weekend pass without filling you in on all of the SNOW we've gotten the past few days! We had heard through the grape vine that Prague was due to get quite a bit, but we were still pretty surprised when it started snowing Thursday and kept going with only a few breaks in between until Sunday! And even then when I woke up this morning, there was still more floating down. I haven't heard the official total (and we don't have a ruler in our flat - I know, I'm ashamed to call myself a teacher) but it is definitely close to a foot. We also didn't get out to play in it at all, much to our dismay, but maybe we'll have a chance this weekend.


There is one unfortunate thing about it all - Prague is apparently not familiar with the concept of SNOW DAYS. While I know I could count on at least two, maybe three, if Cincinnati saw this much snow, everyone here just keeps pushing through. When I saw there was more this morning, I even allowed myself to wonder if maybe I would get a call... but apparently I was the only one thinking that was a possibility.

But yes, it has been lots of fun, nonetheless and it makes for some interesting sights along the way. It only took one trip of sludging through the drifts to the grocery store the other day to think that maybe these people are on to something... cross country skiing anyone?



And not to mention, some beautiful pictures...


.

.

.


You can see a few more snow pics at the end of this album:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2011486&id=142700074&l=29a27b83a0

1 comment:

  1. Steph, This is Dad checking in! I've just looked through all your pictures from before Christmas and after. Very cool. Lots of great memories. I've told people it was neat to watch you be the "mom" and tour guide telling the rest of us where we needed to go and so on. You definitely made us feel at home there. And, I love your twist on Ps. 139. Of course, since it is Scripture, it is a promise from God. It seems like that would be obvious. But, I hadn't read it that way before. It definitely made it come alive in a new way.
    Anyway, enjoy the snow and the new things God unveils to you in the days to come.

    ReplyDelete