Friday, October 9, 2009

Ok, I'm really trying hard to post at least once a week. The problem is feeling like there's not much you'd be interested in hearing about... but that's not my problem, right? No one's forcing you to read this... :) It does make me feel closer to home though, when I know you're there!

Last Saturday Talitha and another friend of hers who just arrived to teacher here also made a big trip out to IKEA. There are two just outside the city, and I got a few more things for my bedroom and our living room, etc. that had been missing. Again, helping to feel more settled in.

Then I had a full week of teaching - I wasn't as prepared as I would have liked for the first half of the week, but I got it together and felt better about it by the second half. :) The lesson planning is unending though...that's actually what I should be doing right now. I was also given a few more hours running an English club on Tues. and Wed. that I'll be doing now. The extra hours were an answer to prayer, since I knew coming over I'd probably have to look for a second source of income to supplement the school. I think I could use a few more, maybe babysitting or a private tutoring lesson each week, and I'll be set.

The past few days have been beautiful - it had gotten pretty chilly by the end of last week, but it warmed up again for a few days this week. I spent quite a bit of time walking around in the afternoons, and went to a couple of coffee shops to work off and on.

I've decided that in the mornings when I'm just waking up and Wednesdays in the middle of the week are the times when I feel homesick the most. :) I'm not entirely sure why, but it seems to be the case thus far. If you think of it, you can pray for those moments that I'll remember how good and faithful my God is, and that I'll remember how exciting is it that I have this opportunity to experience life in this way!

I love and miss you all, and think of you often!!!!!

Steph

2 comments:

  1. nice...i can't wait to come over there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you every morning and Wednesdays :)

    ReplyDelete