Friday, October 16, 2009

Happy 1 Month Anniversary!

Well, today is the one month anniversary of me being here! I'm not sure if that seems like a long or short time. I guess it feels about right, so that's good. I feel less like a child and more like an experienced traveler when I say I've been here for a month now. :) It also means that you can tear a ring off for those of you who made a paper chain to count down the months. :)

This week has been pretty hectic, but good. Wednesday I went to a World Cup Qualifier Futbol match (Czech Republic v. Northern Ireland), which was really fun, and yes, it started snowing in the middle of it. The weather has suddenly turned from fall to winter, which is ok with me for a few days, but I wouldn't mind having fall back for a little while longer, since winter lasts long enough as it is...

My class of second grade boys enjoyed making fun of my artistic abilities while teaching them the plural form of "banana." :) It's fun feeling closer to my students with each passing week. They always get excited and say "Hello! Hello Stephanie!" when they see me in the hallway.

I read some from Psalms today and really liked 112:7-8. Talking about a righteous man it says "...his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. His heart is secure, he will have no fear." Oh for my heart to be steadfast and secure. Trusting in the Lord, there is no reason for it not to be... little by little it's getting there...

1 comment:

  1. I have a mental paper chain that is minus one link :)....happy anniversary!
    Just think of those precious students that you are there for, first thing when you wake up in the morning :)....love you, MOM

    ReplyDelete