Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Heart of the Matter

"In repentance and rest is your salvation,
in quietness and trust is your strength,
but you would have none of it."

Isaiah 30:15

Repentance and rest, quietness and trust. It is there that our salvation and strength can be found. God is always offering it, longing to give it to us. How often do we refuse it?

While the past few weeks have been pretty busy and filled with lots of good things, they've had some rough patches as far as emotions go. Funny how easy it is to lose sight of what's really important. Funny how we let ourselves lose sight of the One Thing that can and is holding it all together. I really am feeling more at home here, and enjoying the fact that life feels pretty "normal," especially with hanging out with friends and just living life. There are still moments and days, however, where it doesn't seem as fun or carefree or normal. It's usually then that I realize my focus hasn't been where it needs to be. It's usually then that I notice the fact that I'm not resting and trusting, repenting and being quiet. If only I could remember that all the time, in the midst of my days...

But yes. God is teaching and taking care of me still, here in Prague. The halfway point was this week too, I think. :) I'm still excited for the things yet to come here, and thrilled at the thought of seeing you all soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Steph! Yes, this is the hardest part of walking daily with God I think...staying in that place of surrender and listening for His still, small voice. You've said it well...praying for you more...
    Love you, Mom.

    ReplyDelete