Friday, February 19, 2010

Community

This year we started up a new community group at our church for women which meets at mine and Talitha's flat on Wednesday nights. There are about six or seven women, ranging from my age to young moms who come each week. God has really blessed me with the women in this group. They are all very encouraging, have a good head on their shoulders, and just want to know God better like me. I've been so excited about how these relationships have formed over the past few months and am so thankful that God has provided them for me.

We decided to work our way through the book of Colossians and it's been great really digging in and seeing what God had to say to his people two thousand years ago, and what he's still saying to us today. I've been challenged to really think about what the premise was behind Paul's writing of the book, what his message meant to those receiving it, and how I can apply it in my own life. Being reminded of the Gospel truths and learning how to speak those into the lives of those around me has been wonderful.

Anyways, short and sweet. Just some of what I've been thinking about lately! :)

Have a wonderful weekend!

3 comments: