Sunday, May 23, 2010

Hey-Oh!

So, I'm taking a few quick moments to do what I said I'm never good at doing - updating you in the moment, rather than a week or two later! You can thank my lesson plans for waiting patiently while I do this instead of writing them. :)

Really though, I had some great pics from yesterday that I just had to show you. I had a great time Friday night hanging out with some different people from church at a "youtube" birthday party. :) We basically hung out, ate some yummy cake, and watched everyone's favorite youtube videos. :) Oh, and before that I made a very yummy spaghetti-meat sauce all by myself that I was super proud of. :)

Yesterday was filled with lots of fun too. I met up with Michelle in the afternoon at one of our favorite outdoor eating spots up by the Castle where we ran into some other good friends who were there. We ended up staying there for a couple of hours before heading down the hill to stroll across the Bridge. It was just such a (rare and) nice day we had to take advantage of it.

We also stopped on our way to grab a McFlurry from McDonalds (it was the first I've had since being over here, and for some reason couldn't resist the craving!). After that I then came home and had a quick bite to eat before two other girls from church came over for a movie night/hang out. Also a great time together. We had a relaxing morning and breakfast and are about to head out to do some work (lesson plans!) at a cafe before church.

Tonight Michelle is coming over to help finish the yummy spaghetti left overs and then we'll finish up the evening with either a showing of the Czech national hockey game on the big screen in Old Town Square, or strawberry-rhubarb pie at our friend Barb's house. Or both. Probably both. :) It's days/weekends like these that I just have to stop and say, yep, this is my life right now. Thank you Jesus, for such an amazing opportunity!!

BUT the best part of it all was in the morning when I got to go Dominik's football (soccer) game! He is the 7 yr. old boy I tutor, along with his whole family (who I gave the Bibles to). I asked when and where he played his games and his parents said he would be thrilled if I came to watch. It was so fun! Not only was it fun to watch (their team is basically training for the national team, I think - seriously, very good and only 7 yrs. old!) it was fun getting to spend time with the family outside of the tutoring hours. I got some great pictures too, and I'm so excited for you to finally "meet" them! :) So here you go.

Dominik is second from the left and #5 on the field






His little sister Linda is 4 years old








I love them! :)

And I'll have some of the rest of the family (mom, dad, and baby Vivien) hopefully later. :)

Anyway, that's all for now! Hope you enjoyed and have a great start to your week! Love you all!!

1 comment:

  1. Yummmm! I haven't had a Mcflurry in forever! And all that other stuff sounds great too! looks like you finally got some blue skies

    ReplyDelete